Sexual Addiction? 10 Important Questions to Ask
Are you or your partner sexually addicted?
Learn the difference between a healthy sex drive and sexual addiction by asking yourself these 10 questions.
There are many things in our culture that grab us and won’t let go of them. Sometimes sex is one of them. Maybe that’s what happened for you or your partner / partner.
Sexual addiction plays an important role in “I Can’t Say No,” the kind of extramarital affair I outline in my E-book, “Break Free From the Affair.”
Here are the Important Questions
These questions are meant to help you become more aware of some of the behaviors that may indicate that sex has a hold on you. If you answered yes to three or more questions it may be wise to take a closer look at the place of sex in your life.
1) Am I having sex at the wrong time, inappropriate place and / or with the wrong person?
2) Do I make promises to myself or rules for myself regarding my sexual behavior that I find I cannot follow?
3) Have I lost the number of sexual partners I had in the last 3 years?
4) Do I have sex regardless of the consequences (eg threat of being caught, risk of contracting herpes, gonorrhea, AIDS, etc.)?
5) Do I feel uncomfortable about my masturbation, the fantasies I engage in, the props I use, and / or the places where I do them?
6) Do I feel jaded, exhausted, cynical? Am I on the road to that?
7) Do I feel that my life cannot be managed because of my sexual behavior?
8) Do I have sex as a way to deal with or escape from life’s problems? Do I feel entitled to sex? Do I feel as if I have had sex?
9) Have I had a serious relationship that was threatened or destroyed due to outside sexual activity on my part?
10) Do I feel that my sexual life is affecting my spiritual life in a negative way?
For more information about sexual addiction and infidelity, visit my site.